SHiNE Instructors are so much more than fitness coaches. They are:
- Life changers who create a space for students to come alive and gain confidence on AND off the dance floor.
- Booty shakers who know how to get down and not hold back, allowing students to do the same. That’s when the magic happens!
- Smile makers who know the value of play and don’t take themselves too seriously. Every SHiNE class is full of smiles and authentic joy, and the world needs more of that!
Who can be a Shine Instructor?
We want to tell you right here and now – you DON’T have to be a certain weight, age, or have any dance experience to be a SHiNE Instructor. We’re looking for leaders who are passionate about making a difference in their own life and the lives of others. We want people who value connection and see the bigger picture beyond burning calories and building muscles.
WHAT’S A SHINE INSTRUCTOR TRAINING LIKE?
Join other future SHiNE instructors from around the world by participating in a personalized online training program led by the Founder of SHiNE, Kendall Nielson, as well as a dedicated Mentor to guide you through this positive experience. Because SHiNE Instructor training is extensive and we do not want to overwhelm future Instructors, we’ve found the most effective way to do training is over a 3-week period. You’ll get an email every Monday with new content to review and assignments to keep you engaged and connected. You’ll also participate in a weekly virtual call with your training Mentor. SHiNE is recognized by AFAA (11 CEUs Live, 10 CEUs Online), NASM (1.1 CEUs Live, 1.0 CEUs Online), and ACE (1.5 CECs Live, 1.4 CECs Online) as a Continuing Education Provider.
Live, 1-day trainings are offered on occasion, so be sure to see what trainings are currently available!
Live and online trainees are required to submit a video of themselves teaching the signature SHiNE warmup and two pre-selected routines. We’ll walk you through this process so you feel prepared and confident to teach your first official SHiNE class. Here’s what some of our Instructors have to say about the training process.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
During SHiNE Instructor training, we discuss the power and fundamentals of dance fitness. Participants learn the seven qualities of a successful SHiNE Instructor, as well as how to create a playlist that is safe, effective, and FUN! We teach you the signature SHiNE warmup and break down technique, choreography, cues, modifications, student engagement, and showmanship. Most importantly, you learn to build your own SHiNE Tribe by creating community and opportunities for connection.
WHAT’S THE INVESTMENT?
SHiNE Instructor training is a one-time investment ranging from $249-$299 depending on training format and early-bird options. This includes CEUs through AFAA (11 CEUs Live, 10 CEUs Online), NASM (1.1 CEUs Live, 1.0 CEUs Online), and ACE (0.7 CECs Live, 1.47 CECs Online).
After completing training and submitting your evaluation video, you’re eligible to join the Instructor portal and our private Instructor Facebook group with hundreds of fellow SHiNE Instructors from all over the world! Joining the Instructor portal grants you access to TONS of perks (check out the list below), and the support in this community is like no other – you feel the love right away! To gain access to all the resources and support, an ongoing SHiNE Instructor Membership is purchased for $24.99/month or $255/year (best value).
Depending on your chosen business model, you may need to independently lease a location, secure group fitness music licensing and/or liability insurance. SHiNE Dance Fitness does not provide these services but can definitely give recommendations.
Benefits of being a Shine Instructor
- Full access to our original choreography library (350+ routines & more added monthly!)
- Monthly Instructor support calls with our Founder & Instructor Relations Manager
- Oodles of marketing materials including graphics, flyers and high-quality images to promote your classes
- Join our active, supportive, global “Instructorhood” group on Facebook
- Discounts on merchandise, including exclusive Instructor items
- List your classes and contact info on our website